Dorsington, Stratford-Upon-Avon, CV37 8AX
Guide Price £2,000,000
* Entrance Hall * Drawing Room * Dining Room * Family Room * Conservatory * Study * Glass Room
* Kitchen/Breakfast Room * Office/ Bedroom Five * Principal Bedroom Suite with Bathroom & Dressing Room
* Three Further Bedrooms * Family Bathroom * Gardens * Parking * Three Bay Car Garage * Gardens Extending to circa 2.2 AcresThe Moat House, parts of which date back to the Middle Ages, is a stunning country house set in formal gardens. Nestled against the North Cotswolds Hills, bordering Warwickshire, Worcestershire and Gloucestershire and a stone’s throw from Stratford-upon-Avon.* Entrance hall * Drawing Room * Dining Room * Family Room * Conservatory * Study
* Glass Room * Kitchen/Breakfast Room * Office/Bedroom Five * Principal Bedroom Suite with Bathroom and Dressing Room * Three Further Bedrooms
* Family Bathroom * Gardens Circa 2.2 Acres * Parking * Three Bay Garage/CarportSteeped in history, The Moat House was originally believed to have been used by Roger, Bishop of Worcester (1163-1179) as a hunting lodge and remained in his family for several generations. The House was extended in the sixteenth century and over time became the centre of village life as a working farm and more recently, as a private residence.There are several unique features including an imposing fireplace in the hallway, an award winning 20th Century “glass room” which cantilevers over part of the moat and an ancient apple press located outside the main entrance to the house.The principal living accommodation is set out over two floors with a versatile layout which is ideal for the demands of family life. The property retains numerous wonderful period features and is offered in excellent condition.The Moat House is approached from the south side through an imposing oak door.Opening the door, you enter an impressive hall with a magnificent fireplace and hearth which extends up past the first floor and into the second floor.To the right is a door to the formal dining room which opens into a study area with view across the moat and garden.Another door leads into a wonderful drawing room with double doors leading out to a spectacular glass room, which sits very comfortably alongside the historic house, seeming to float over the moat.Leading off the hall to the left is a door to the family room, which opens into a spacious kitchen/breakfast room which together provide an exceptional space for a family to gather. A superb bespoke kitchen with an excellent range of cabinets, an island and breakfast bar is the perfect place for family life and entertaining. Double doors lead out to a timber framed conservatory which lends itself to a number of uses.Also on the ground floor is a door from the kitchen to a laundry area with WC, which then leads through to an enclosed loggia, which could be used either as a bedroom or a home office.An oak staircase rises to the spacious first floor galleried landing with substantial timbers which provides access to the bedroom accommodation. There is a fabulous principal bedroom suite with dressing room with fitted cupboards and a well-appointed bathroom. There are three further bedrooms, one with planning permission for an en suite shower room.The mature gardens are principally laid to lawn with well stocked borders and established specimen trees, and in all extends to approximately 2.2 acres. There is ample parking for several cars. An oak framed 3 bay garage/carport was erected in June 2022. There is further storage and parking to the rear courtyard.The sale of The Moat House presents an exciting opportunity to purchase a beautifully maintained historic house in a charming village.GENERAL INFORMATION
Subjective comments in these details imply the opinion of the selling Agent at the time these details were prepared. Naturally, the opinions of purchasers may differ.
Agents Note: We have not tested any of the electrical, central heating or sanitaryware appliances. Purchasers should make their own investigations as to the workings of the relevant items. Floor plans are for identification purposes only and not to scale. All room measurements and mileages quoted in these sales particulars are approximate.
Fixtures and Fittings: All those items mentioned in these particulars by way of fixtures and fittings are deemed to be included in the sale price. Others, if any, are excluded. However, we would always advise that this is confirmed by the purchaser at the point of offer.
Tenure: The property is Freehold with vacant possession upon completion of the purchase.
Services: All mains services are understood to be connected to the property.
Local Authority: Stratford-upon-Avon District Council. Tax Band H.
In line with The Money Laundering Regulations 2007 we are duty bound to carry out due diligence on all of our clients to confirm their identity. Rather than traditional methods in which you would have to produce multiple utility bills and a photographic ID we use an electronic verification system. This system allows us to verify you from basic details using electronic data, however it is not a credit check of any kind so will have no effect on you or your credit history. You understand that we will undertake a search with Experian for the purposes of verifying your identity. To do so Experian may check the details you supply against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. They may also use your details in the future to assist other companies for verification purposes. A record of the search will be retained.
To complete our quality service, VaughanReynolds is pleased to offer the following:-
Free Valuation: Please contact the office on 01789 292659 to make an appointment.
VaughanReynolds Conveyancing: Very competitive fixed price rates agreed with our panel of local experienced and respected Solicitors. Please contact this office for further details.
Mortgages: We can offer you free advice and guidance on the best and most cost-effective way to fund your purchase with the peace of mind that you are being supported by professional industry experts throughout your journey. A & S Financial Services offer a comprehensive mortgage service, giving excellent advice 7 days a week. Please call Andy Davis on 01527 542260 or mobile 07980 800429 or by e-mail email@example.com.VaughanReynolds, for themselves and for the vendors of the property whose agents they are, give notice that these particulars do not constitute any part of a contract or offer, and are produced in good faith and set out as a general guide only. The vendor does not make or give, and neither VaughanReynolds nor any person in his employment, has an authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property.
Register for Property Alerts
Register for Property Alerts
We tailor every marketing campaign to a customer’s requirements and we have access to quality marketing tools such as professional photography, video walk-throughs, drone video footage, distinctive floorplans which brings a property to life, right off of the screen.